Sunday, July 15, 2007

Earthlab is Launched!

So I check my email today and find an email from Al Gore. I immediately start to mark the email as junk mail and then realize that it's not a joke, it really is an email from Al Gore! Wierd....

So I open the email and find that it's a nice little email from Mr. Gore praising me on being so far below the average ECP and Carbon output score for London. I mentioned in an earlier post that the live earth website offered a quick little test to see where you stand on pollution and now, EarthLab has been launched to help us even further. You can check it out a http://www.earthlab.com/ and sign up. It not only gives you general suggestions on way to be green but specializes a plan for you based on your individual score.

When I logged in, it told me that my score was 247 and London's average was 306. I produce 9 tons of Co2 each year and the average is 13 tons. So now, I'm reading my full report and checking out my specialized "green" plan. The website asks that we retake the quiz in three months and in 6 months for an update on how we are doing. I'll let you know the results then.

I found it really interesting, maybe you will too. Check it out!

No comments: